Animal Care Attendant (paid position)
This is a paid position! $12.80/hour
The Animal Care Attendant is to keep our senior dogs happy by tending to the sanctuary building, play yard and bathroom/laundry/bathing tub area by keeping these areas squeaky clean and sanitized! Keep an eye on our seniors to ensure everyone is looking happy and healthy, provide notes/feedback to the Director of Animal Status and Welfare, keep our various sprays full, mop floors, and do laundry. This job is not for the faint of heart, but you will see a lot of happy wagging tails and receive tons of doggie kisses, which make it all worthwhile!
20 hours per week within the hours of 6am-9pm Monday-Sunday.
- Clean and sanitize the entire sanctuary, including play yard and bathroom/laundry/bathing tub area, according to outlined procedures in a timely manner, including emptying garbage, washing and sanitizing floors, blankets, and towels.
- Clean dog kennels. Have complete knowledge of all cleaning and animal care procedures.
- Handle all animals humanely and safely, using safety equipment if necessary.
- Observe animals for signs of illness and behavior pattern changes.
- Be able to recognize signs of illness or behavior changes and notify the Director of Animal Status and Welfare.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper handling of cleaning chemicals, and safety procedures while using and handling cleaning chemicals.
- Interact with internal and external customers while maintaining a friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Restock supplies in all areas as outlined.
- Move animals as required and change kennel location in the computer.
- Clean laundry, fold, and neatly stack on shelves.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be an adult FLPS volunteer
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Complete volunteer orientation and a mentoring session
- Previous dog handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation and the ability to perform in an ever changing, hectic environment.