Volunteer Transport Drivers
Help our senior dogs get the care they need by bringing them to surgical procedures at the vet, or to the groomer or foster homes. Pick up medications needed for our pups.
Reports to: Director of Volunteers
- 3-5 hours/week max depnsing on your availability [varies per week]
- Optional attendance at Monthly Animal Status Committee meeting the fourth Wednesday of every month.
- Communicate with Animal Status Team to obtain transport assignment. Complete any Vet Forms or etc. required [no experience necessary].
- Provide the paperwork utilized to the Animal Status Team.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be an adult volunteer
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with volunteers/fosters
- Must have a computer
- Complete volunteer orientation and a mentoring session
- Complete ride along with Director of Animal Status and Welfare to the groomer, veterinarian office and foster home.
- Standing or sitting
- Lifting animals in and out of a vehicle